Saturday, March 20, 2010

MIA...

I'd like to talk about positive things for a change...

MUNIRA HUDA aka MIA

My daughter, Mia, is growing up fast... and she's turning into a fine young lady... she's doing very well in school, her piano lessons are also progressing well, and today she cooked a complete meal for lunch (with very minimum help from me...)



Masak lemak ketam, or what my late mom used to call "rendang pedas ketam" because the ingredients are exactly the same as "rendang pedas ayam" minus the kerisik. This is one of my kids' favourite dishes.

Mixed vege - broccoli + cauliflower + green beans + carrot + sawi + red chilly - Mia's favourite way of preparing vegetables, everybody else has to eat it like it or not...

For me, she fried ikan bilis with sliced cili padi, shallot and garlic

There was dessert too, which she prepared last night - mango flavoured dadih

Mia turned 13 last 8th February, but since I was in no mood to blog, I didnt have the will to write an entry for her like I did for her brothers on their birthdays. But being a good daughter that she is, she didnt complain about it. There was no big splashing party for her, she didnt need that to know how important and special she is. Her daddy bought her a birthday cake and they (Mia and her brothers and daddy, minus me) sang "happy birthday Mia" and she cut her cake...

Mia's 13th birthday cake

Earlier this year she received an axcellent award for scoring 5As in her UPSR - I had to miss it because I received a last minute instruction from my boss to conduct an interview for President's Scholarship candidates. This too, she didnt complain... (Hm... am I taking her for granted?... will have to make effort to attend her occasions this year)......

The excellent award recipients group photo - Mia is in the front row, second girl from left.

Besides doing very good in school,
she is also progressing very well in her music (piano) class.
Her teacher said Mia is very easy and pleasant to teach...

She has her own room, but likes to bunk with her younger brothers (Aqim and Nabil) in a queen size bed in my room...

Mia's room
- which is occupied by Amin whenever he is home
(he is currently studying in a boarding school in Sepang)

That's my Mia, the rose among the thorns in my household... a young lady that always makes me proud... may she grow up to achieve everything that she dreams of......

2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful, and at 13, she can cook masak lemak ketam? perghhh! my daughter only knows how to fry egg je. See.. you have so much to be thankful for. Keep up the positive spirit honey..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think + + + + +
    hehe...
    thanks Nora

    ReplyDelete