Monday, May 11, 2009

Amin turns 15 today...

Amin was born 15 years ago today at Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Klang. Like Muaz, Amin was also born prematurely, barely 34 weeks. In fact all my 5 kids were born prematurely. At birth, Amin weighed only 2 kg.

Amin... what can I say... ever since he was a little boy, he has always been hard-headed, strong-willed and stubborn... he is and has always been a no-nonsense kind of guy... everything must be practical... no room for mushy jiwang-jiwang kind of stuff. However, whenever I fell sick, he'd be the one that showed most concern - massaging my feet, legs, arms and forehead, checking on me every 10 minutes, asking me if I felt any better...

When he was 4 or 5 years old, he asked me this question:
"Mummy, do you think one of our neighbours would want to sell his house 20 years from today?"
Wondering why he asked that question, I asked him back: "Why do you ask?"
His reply: "Because I want to buy that house and because when I grow up I want to live near you so that I can visit you every day in your old age..."
It was so touching... that I just felt a big lump in my throat...

Being hard-headed and stubborn, we (Amin and me) always engaged in a fight (mostly verbally). And I always say this to him "Amin, if you don't want to listen to me, and if you think living with your daddy is much more fun and easier, by all means, pack up your things and go move in with him"...

I have said this so often that I didnt think it had any effect on him, until last week, when I saw him crying after one big (verbal) argument between him and me. At that time I was also crying in the kitchen. Suddenly I saw him coming to me, and with a very very sad looking face, he said he was sorry... he never wanted to hurt me, and he pleaded to me to not ask him to move back in with his daddy...

Hm... that's my Amin... I hope and pray that he would grow up to be a fine gentleman...

No comments:

Post a Comment