Sunday, April 26, 2009

An unplanned vacation...

I have to go to our Penang branch on 28 - 30 April. I had originally planned to take a day off on the 27th to meet my lawyer to strategise my next court appearance on the 12th of next month. But suddenly my VP asked me to handle accreditation visit for the Penang campus... which means my leave application (though has been approved) must be cancelled to prepare for that accreditation exercise... what a bummer...

When I told my daughter (Mia) about it... she said... "ala mummy nak ikut... mummy selalu pegi Penang, tak pernah ajak kita orang..."

I asked back... "what about school? You'll be missing 3 days of school?"

Mia replied: ala... 3 days je... plus Monday is a holiday for us because Saturday and Sunday are sports days. Friday is also a holiday...

Hm... so we had an emergency family meeting... and the outcome of the meeting?

Yeay!!! We are going on a vacation to Penang!!!

So, we are leaving on Tuesday morning, I will be driving. The kids will have to play among themselves at the hotel when I go to the office to entertain the people from the MOHE agency. The real vacation will start as soon as my work finishes on 30th afternoon.

The kids are so excited... they cant seem to stop talking and asking about it.

BTW, out of excitement, Aqim told his father about the trip yesterday. So, last night, he called and asked "Tak nak ajak abang ke?" I just answered in one word "NO" and hung up.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time, my friend!

    You deserve it, and the kids too. Good bonding time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... and greetings from Penang!

    Yes, we are having a good time. We watched sunset at Batu Feringhi beach yesterday...
    The MQA visit is shortened to one day only... which means we will begin our real vacation tonight... Yeay!!!

    ReplyDelete