Sunday, April 12, 2009

Muaz...

Muaz is my first born. He entered this world on 12 April 1992, 10 months after I got married. Muaz is an extraordinary boy ever since the day he was born. For a start, I only carried him for 28 weeks, that's less than 7 months! He weighed a mere 1.86 kg. So tiny, so fragile... Yet, he already had two teeth!.... The dr who treated him joked that if he stayed in my womb for a full term he might have had a mouth full of teeth and may have been eligible for Guiness Book of World Record... Hahaha... Despite his low birth weight, he recovered very fast. He only stayed in the incubator (at HKL) for 21 days...

According to my late mom, there was history of small and premature babies in our family, but the last ones (3 to be exact) were more than 20 years before that. All three of my late auntie's sons were born prematurely (my cousins Khair 1962, Hisham 1964 and Salleh 1966). So, when I had Muaz, it became a hot news and many of our relatives and my parents' old friends, some of whom my parents had not seen for a long time, came to visit. He became an instant celebrity!!!

As a baby, Muaz never gave me any problems. He never cried (meragam) for no reasons. He slept through every night without waking up for milk. In fact I had to set up my alarm clock to make sure I woke up every 4 hours to feed him to make sure that he would gain weight. (I will upload his baby pictures later).

When he began to talk (at 1 year +), he called himself "Uash"... And he always asked for permission whenever he wanted to do something. I remember, one day, he was trying to tell me something, but I could not make out as to what he was saying. So, I said, ok... A few minutes later when I went to check on him, I saw he was pulling Amin's little matress, with Amin still on it towards the front door... When I asked him what he was trying to do, he said "Uash nak uang adik"... then only I understood what he was trying to tell me earlier... he said "Ami... Uash nak uang adik oeh tak?" (Translation: Mummy... Uash nak buang adik boleh tak?)... Hahaha...

Today... 12 April 2009, my Muaz is turning 17. My little boy is not little anymore. But sometimes I forget that. Sometimes, when I talked to him or when I scolded him for not studying, or for not tidying up his room, I forgot that he is not a little boy anymore. So, Muaz if you're reading this, please forgive your old mum... may be deep inside, I do want you to stay little, because I know better how to deal with a little boy than a big one... Hm...

My dear Muaz, I wish you a very very happy birthday and may you be stronger and wiser everyday and I hope and pray that you will turn into a smart and fine gentleman that I always see in you ever since you were a baby. No matter what you hear me say or do (when I am angry, because you know me when I am angry... erghhkkrghh....), please remember that I love you very very very much. You and your brothers and sister make up my entire universe... I want you all to know that mummy loves you more than anything in this world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment