Thursday, April 9, 2009

About change...

I am starting this blog because I notice everyone is blogging now. When I first heard of blogging, I thought they're only for teenagers. And I have 3 teenage children myself... But lately I found out that many of my friends are into this... Wow.. so I thought to myself... why not... give it a try... hahaha....

So, today (or tonight) 9 April 2009, I officially become a blogger...

I remember about 10 years ago when I was working for a GLC in KL, I had a boss who always had radical ideas about looking at things... so-called thinking outside the box... He often said this "the only constant in this life is change"... even though I know now as I knew it then that he was not the first person who said that, somehow what he said sticks in my mind until now. Whenever I am faced with a new predicament that requires me to change, his words became encouraging words that somehow comfort me...

About change... You see there are many things in my life that I wish I could change. But of course that would be impossible because most of the things in our lives are beyond our control. Nevertheless there is one thing that I really really wish that I'd have a good control on... One change that I was really counting on to take place since 16 July 2008... And the reason why I could not have a say in the matter is just one... because I am a woman...

I filed for ta'liq after my patience ran out on 16 July 2008. Since then, I have been up and down the court room (Mahkamah Rendah Syariah Shah Alam) 4 times. His lawyer kept asking for postponement and the horrible (not honourable) judge kept granting it.

If I were a man, the moment I dislike my wife, I can just say "I divorce you" or something that give similar meaning like "I will return you to your parents", the marriage is immediately dissolved. But for a woman, even if she brings with her mountains of evidence that she has been tortured physically and mentally by her spouse, there is no guarantee that she will be free of the marriage.

So... in this country... there is one thing that will never ever ever change... the way the men run the Mahkamah Syariah... even more backward than the Rasulullah era... They are running it like in zaman jahiliyah...

Celaka pejabat ugama!! Celaka hakim yang tidak saksama!!! Celaka! Celaka!! dan Celaka!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment