Sunday, June 7, 2009

What women do in the name of love...

School holiday season brings with it wedding bells... I received more than 10 invitations for the 3 weekends of the school holiday this time... I had 3 yesterday and 2 today. But I only went to 1 yesterday and I am not going to any today... Today I just want to golek2 depan tv... hehe...

Actually I originally planned to fulfill all the 3 invitations yesterday because all the 3 were my neighbours - 1 in front, 1 at the back and 1 on the right of my house... imagine that... but I ended up going to one only (the one in the block in front of my house)... why? because I was already emotionally drained...

I know the mother of the bride quite well. She was the assistant at the kindergarten that 2 of my kids went to. It was a grand wedding (maklumlah... menantu pertama...) with 7 large white canopies and red skirtings... the theme was red and white... and I heard it was quite a big "catch" jugak... the groom is someone big at the Selangor stste agency...

When I congratulated the mother of the bride while kissing her cheeks... she said something that baffled me... she said "hm... nampak luar je seronok... dalam hati akak ni Allah saja yang tahu". I looked at her face and didnt say anything as they were many other guests queuing to salam and wish her.

After having lunch.. and it was delicious too, with daging dinding, barbecue chicken, acar, dalca, pajeri... I went into the next door neighbour's house while waiting for the pengantin to arrive... And I told that neighbour (Kak Dah) what the mother of the bride said to me earlier... what I heard really surprised me...

The beautiful bride, whom I have known since she was a little girl, is marrying a married man... but that's not the surprise part... the surprise part is that the man she is marrying just took his first wife 3 months ago and all the three of them (the man, the first wife and the second wife) work in the same office...

When I heard all these, the first question that came out of my mouth was... How could that happen because as I knew it they got engaged a year ago? As it turned out, the first wife was his old girlfriend who reappeared after he got engaged to the second wife...

And my second question was how could Kak Siti (mother of the bride) let her beautiful daughter marry that two-timing man?... Kak Dah said, her parents and adik2 all tried to talk her out of the marriage but she said she didnt care... she loved him so much that she'd rather die if she could not marry him... and I said to myself... where have I heard that before...

Hm... what women do in the name of love...

So, instead of going to the two other weddings in that same neighbourhood yesterday... I went straight home... dont knowlah... I feel sakit hati tak pasal2... to lepaskan my tension, I ended up spending 5 hours cleaning my koi pond... and in the end I couldnt sleep last night sebab sakit2 satu badan...

(Sigh........)

No comments:

Post a Comment