Monday, June 1, 2009

Lost and found... and lost again...

A life time ago I met someone and fell in love... but the timing, the place and the overall circumstances forced us to part our ways... I lost him...

Two or three years ago, I found him... after more than 20 years... after what seemed to be a life time... We met a few times, we talked about the past, the present... did we talk about the future? Hm... I don't think so... because deep in our hearts we knew we did not have a future... together that is...

We continued sending sms, emails and occasionally we chatted over the net. We continued talking about the past as though it was the present... and the way we talked, one might have thought that we were a couple of teenagers...

He made me feel special and missed... God... he really made me feel ultra special...

All the while I kept thinking the reason why we were destined to meet again...

And today I found the answer... so that we could say proper goodbyes... so that we would have a proper closure... You see, we had this pact that every time we parted ways, we were not supposed to say "goodbye", we were just to say "see you later"...

So... if you are reading this, this is my goodbye to you... remember, no regrets? Nope, none whatsoever... oh, maybe except one...

Goodbye...

So, the story that began with "once upon a life time" is now ending with "lost, found and lost again"...

2 comments:

  1. My fren,

    I remember you telling me about him soon after you met him a couple of years ago.

    But what happened?? Can't both of you remain as friends? We may not be able to forget, but I think we can try and eventually succeed in letting go "the special one" status, but maintain the friendship, no?

    Your posting sounds so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what is the one killer of a relationship? Be it a marriage, a love affair, or even a friendship... it's dishonesty and pretense...
    My posting sounds so sad? That's because I am sad... in fact I am sadder than sad...
    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete