Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Misconception...

My previous posting has given my "silent" or "private" followers the idea that "that" was the reason for my applying for divorce...

My response was "Oh God no... not in the least"...

These two incidents (the deterioration of my marriage and the rediscovery of the long lost sweetheart) were totally independent of each other.

The cause of me falling out of love (with my soon-to-be-ex-husband) was his ultra extreme and humongous ego that had to be fed by slapping me around in the presence of his kids (from his other marriage) in an almost daily basis.

It is just a coincidence that at the time that the condition of my homefront became unbearable to me that the man from my past appeared. I'd be lying if I said that the encounter did not have any effect on me... But it was more like a walk in a memory lane... Talking about good memories is nice, but as we went on talking about the past, the not-so-good memories also surfaced and somehow that also reminded us the reason we had to go separate ways more than 20 years ago...

So, dear readers, please do not misunderstand me... I am not out of my mind, I am not a naive teenager... I am still sane, and this is not a Mills and Boon or a Norhayati Berahim novel. This is a true life story of an almost middle aged woman who is right now facing the most trying time of her life... A woman who is trying very hard to make a new beginning in her life fighting the unfair and biased system of the Syariah Court and the man who up till now is still refusing to let her go...

Hm... why do I need to explain this?... I dont know... I just feel that I have to...

2 comments:

  1. My fren,

    I guess it's good to explain (in case other readers might get the wrong idea), though I for one do not need it. I know what you've gone thorugh, and I am sure what I know is just the tip of the iceberg. With or without this other guy reappearance, you deserve to be released from the regular torture/torment. I still salute you for tolerating his behaviour all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest fren...

    You know every time you wrote a comment on my posting, I got a lump in my throat reading it. Thanks for your moral support. I am extremely touched that you even had time to drop a line when you were in Europe last May. I really really appreciate that. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete