Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Spring... Autumn... and heat spell...

I was reading a friend's blog today where she posted pictures of flowers that she took in her European tour recently.

As I was clicking photo after photo after photo I found myself humming this old song that I liked so much when I was in secondary school in Ipoh. I suddenly remember one teachers' day celebration where a teacher (I forgot her name, but I remember she was very pretty) sang that song. I think that was in 1978 or 79 (alamak, tuanya rasa).

She sang it minus-1 but the whole hall was at awe and so mesmerized with her good, sweet voice yang mendayu-dayu... so bak buluh perindu...

I tried to google the song but to no avail... :( simply because I dont remember the title. But I remember the singer: Tia Ramon...

I still remember the lyrics:

Bila musim bunga tiba
halaman ku indah berseri
penuh bunga sungguh mempesona
riang hati melihatnya

Bila musim gugur tiba
bunga jatuh ke bumi juga
hati ku pun hiba melihatnya
nasib bunga tiada lama

Begitu juga insan
hidupnya seperti roda
tak ubahnya bak bunga
bila layu tak berharga

Sadarlah kau wahai bunga
tika mekar banyak yang memuja
bila layu dikau tak berharga
nasib bunga tiada lama...


While we are talking about season... hm... bila lah musim panas ni nak end... My son has a theory on this heat spell that we are facing now... he said, since we have school holidays now, many couples are getting married. To make sure it wont rain on their wedding, they call bomoh to tahan the hujan... hahaha... logik jugak tu...

No comments:

Post a Comment