Thursday, February 10, 2011

CTS (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)

I woke up Sunday morning with such unbearable pain on my left wrist up to fingertips (especially the middle finger) and down to elbow... adoi... felt like current went through my arm... tried to rub minyak angin, minyak urat, minyak serai wangi, minyak cap kapak, minyak geliga, minyak gamat... short of minyak goreng ikan je... satu pun tak effective...

My kids took turn rubbing my hand... MJ too was sympathetic...

I knew something was wrong... that's why I dreaded going to see the dr, but the pain was becoming worse and worse everyday, that I finally drove myself (single-handedly... literally..) to see a dr last Tuesday... and here's the diagnose... Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Hm... redha je lah... God is testing me again... alhamdulillah... because that means He loves me and He knows that I'm able to face it and live with it...

My dr asked me to go for second opinion and to think about going through a surgery to correct it... I have gone for the second opinion and the diagnose is the same... surgery? I have to think some more...

No, this didnt just happen over night... I've had the symptoms (numbness especially in the morning, feels like current going through it secara tiba2 for no reason, twitching...) for quite some time, I think I've had it for the past 2 or 3 years, but I didnt pay attention to it as I wasnt aware about such disease or condition...

But I notice one thing... one never knows one's potential until one is faced with the situation where "one hand can still do"... haha... I can still drive with one hand... I can still type (slower of course) with one hand... I can still wash dishes with one hand,.. I can still cook with one hand... in fact last night I prepared quite an extensive meal for dinner, with Muaz's and Mia's help of course...

Hm... tapi nasib baik juga lah the hand affected is the left one and I am right-handed... but still... dr warned me about chances of my other good hand catching the same condition, primarily because the early symptoms are already present...

No comments:

Post a Comment