Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Ramalan Bintang"

I came back from work late tonight (about 8pm)... like that is unusual... hah!!!

Anyway... while I was driving, in a slight drizzle, my mind went wondering, like that was unusual too, and I suddenly got a craving for popiah... dont know why... but I was thinking... kat mana nak cari popiah malam malam buta ni... and what was worse is that I have a dr's appointment tomorrow morning. I have been an extremely good girl today,  I skipped lunch and had only plain water all day today... just to make sure my blood sugar stays below 8 tomorrow... (oops.. I did have a cup of nescafe 3 in 1 regular at around 3pm... yikes!!)

Aaaah... thank god for pasar malam... so I dialed MJ's no to ask him to go to pasar malam with me... Yup! I'm guilty of talking on the fon (without handsfree) while driving, which I very very very seldom did... that shows how bad my craving was... he told me to wait at home as he would pick me up in his car (I'm not sure if I told him that I was actually driving home from the office when I called him)...  when I reached home, he was already waiting in front of my house...

Hm... panjangnya mukaddimah... actually the purpose of me writing this entry tonight is to talk about an old song that I heard on the radio on my way home from the pasar malam...

The title of the song is the same as the title of my entry above... the singers are A. Ramlie and Maria Bachok... and to my own surprise, despite not hearing the song for years I believe, I still could remember most of the lyrics and I was even able to sing along with it...

I tried googling for the song on youtube as soon as finished eating one whole popiah plus a bowl of curry mee... but to no avail... I only found a video of a couple singing (well... trying to sing) that song on youtube... cari lirik pun tak jumpa...

I'm sure I'm gonna be humming that song for days to come...

Here are some of the lyrics as I remember them...


AR: Mengapakah engkau diam wajahmu pun muram...
MB: ku teringat sabda bintang nasib masa depan...
AR: janganlah kau percayakan semua ramalan
MB: da da da da da da da (forgot this line)...

MB: Dalam sabda bintangku kita akan berpisah
disebabkan sengketa atau kerna bencana
hati rasa tak tentu kalau benar berlaku...
tiada tempat mengadu.....

hm... lupa pulak the rest of the lyrics...

Anyway... sesiapa baca blog ni, kalau ada MP3 ke, or come across the song on youtube ke, or know the rest of the lyrics ke... please email to me at aasmahani@gmail.com. I would really appreciate it. :)

Oh... it's almost 10.30pm... dah way over my bedtime... good night... hope that I will dream about my childhood tonight (circa 1970s) when the song was popular... and life was so much easier and I was definitely sooo much happier...

No comments:

Post a Comment