Sunday, December 5, 2010

Perfect weekend...

Weekend is meant for rest... but I very seldom get to do that... being a working mom, weekend is normally for washing and cleaning and dusting and mopping and what ever one thousand and one "ing" more... but not this weekend... not out of plan, it just happened... and I just have to thank my kids and MJ for that...

At first, I was contemplating to go to a wedding on Saturday - wedding of a cousin's son. The invitation was put on facebook (tagged by the groom's auntie). I asked my brother if he was going, and he answered before I even finished my question: "buat apa?" or "for what?"... The question that my brother gave as an answer to my question was because of a long story or rather long history that I dont wish to elaborate here, because the story/history would open many old wounds... and I'm just in such a good mood today that I do not wish to dwell on sad old family history... So, I ended up staying home all day Saturday (after coming back from office of course - yup, I work half day on Saturday)...

Since dah tak jadi pegi kenduri kawin, I thought I would just stay home and just lazing around in front of the TV sampai malam... but tiba2 MJ called and asked to pick him up at the bus stand at around 9pm. He is normally away during weekends and only comes back on Sunday. So, naturally I asked him "mimpi apa balik sini on saturday?" His answer was short "Saja.."...

Anyway... dah MJ balik awal, I suddenly got an idea to bring the kids see a movie... so, that's what we did.. me, MJ and the kids... we managed to catch Rapunzel at the 10pm show...


It was a good movie... and it was a good (short) outing... MJ was like a little boy asking so many questions about the characters in the movie... hahaha... a few times I had to hush him.. well.. for one, rapunzel is a fairy tale that normally little girls read about, while boys are busy playing with guns...

And today, we just spent lazing around in the living room... tido satu hari... best... sampai nak masak pun malas... it was Muaz who prepared lunch today (ayam masak kicap and vegetables)... thanks Muaz... my own chef in black.. hehe..

So... I had a very good rest this weekend (which is very rare)... to prepare for another week  (minus Tuesday - public holiday for Maal Hijrah) of kelam kabut at the office.. I just hope that there wont be any bidan terjun job for me to do again this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment