Friday, December 3, 2010

Another last minute assignment...

I tend to get more and more of this nowadays...like I have become the official bidan terjun for the faculty... Aduh... letihlah macam ni...

One colleague commented: "sebab u perform jugak walaupun last minute, that's why management pick u..."

Is that really the reason? Serba salah pulak kita... kalau buat keje ala kadar, kena label "sloppy", kalau buat elok2 asyik kena "pick" la pulak... diluah mati mak ditelan mati bapak...

But really... I'm really getting tired of being assigned last minute to do something which sometimes is not something small... like the time I was asked to be in the organising committee for an event launched by a minister... nasib baik the launching went well, kalau tidak, mau putus leher aku kena pancung...

The thing about last minute assignment that pissed me off is that I normally have to set aside something else which is actually my real KPI or tugas hakiki... So, when the deadline of the original KPI is not met, sure kena pulak, the appointment-to-do-the-last-minute-assignment excuse is never accepted. Instead, bad time management is usually blamed...

In some instances, like in today's case, I was told to prepare a presentation to be tabled to the management tomorrow, this morning... And I had a class in the morning, and 3 meetings in the afternoon - all these cannot be canceled or postponed... So, basically I was not given any time to prepare for the presentation. When I commented about it to my immediate boss, she said "u kan otai... kacang je tu..."... aduh...

Letih... letih... but what to do... as one friend puts it "kita ni mentimun, mereka durian, menggolek kita luka, digelek kita luka"... huhu... sob sob...

Oklah, got to go... got to finish the presentation... wish me luck... :))

No comments:

Post a Comment