Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'm on top of the world...


What's that on top? Yes... u guessed it right...

The top one is Amin's PMR result and the one below is Mia's UPSR grades...

I am so happy today... so very happy!!! Unimaginably happy!!!... Oh God... Syukur Alhamdulillah... People might ask... 5A 3B pun nak kecoh... Phuh!!! If u know Amin's history (academically) you would also tip your hat for him... really! honest!!!

Amin went to kindy for 3 years but was only able to read when he entered standard 2. Imagine that... His test and exam results were always barely average, except for Mathematics. Somehow he almost always managed to do well in that subject. And me... (yg selalu mulut laser, even to my own children... hahaha...) always accused him of taking after his daddy's IQ... Belajar tak pandai macam your daddy, tapi Math kau boleh pulak pandai, hm... macam your daddy jugaklah sebab your daddy memang pandai "berkira"...

On top of that, in preparation for his PMR exam, Amin also refused to go to tuition classes. He said, the teachers were not good, his classmates were noisy, the classroom was hot... 1001 excuses...

So, he took the liberty to make his own decision and dropped out of his tutition classes in April. Tapi nasib baik, he was honest... When I gave him the money for May's fee, that's when he told me that he didnt want to attend the classes anymore. I am so grateful that he didnt do what his half sister did when she was preparing for her SPM and later failed with flying colours... hahaha... (that story was told in "Claiming Credit" entry).

Anyway, I scolded him for making that decision on his own and I tried to force him to go back to the classes, or register at another tuition center. But, he instead demanded that I hired a private tutor like I did for Muaz when Muaz was in Form 3. I tried to reason with him, now that we are "on our own", I couldnt afford to hire a private tutor for him. So, he pulled a long face and merajuk... he said... in that case, tak pe lah, he could learn on his own. So, that's just what he did... he studied on his own, with help from online e-tutor and exchanging notes with his cousin, my brother's daughter who scored straight As.

One other factor, of course, the turun-naik court yang until now still tak berkesudahan... which also at one point dragged him to be directly involved as a witness...

So, because of all those factors, I did not expect that he would get such "good" results...

Oh boy... Amin... you really proved it today that you are truly mummy's son... And mummy apologises for all the laser words that I said to your face before this (mostly sebagai lepas geram to your daddy)...

Congratulations and thank you my dear Amin...
You just put me on top of the world today...

3 comments:

  1. Apa tu? Bahasa Jordan ke?

    FYI, Hadaina (anak acik udin) got straight As, macam Amad dulu lah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kuddos to Amin! Despite all the turbulances too! He just did great!

    ReplyDelete