Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Where is that Aladin's lamp...

I stayed up late last night finishing the report that was due yesterday... and woke up this morning to the sound of... teret teret teret teret teret teret teret teret........ tererereret.... (The Pink Panther show...)... hehe...

Sure brings back a lot of old memories... in the US... student days... Saturday morning cartoons...

After lectures and lectures and lectures and more lectures on weekdays, I sure looked forward to Saturday for a doze of Saturday morning cartoons... the ones I liked particularly were the Smurfs, the Chipmunks, Scooby-doo... and of course the Pink Panther... During winter my roommate (now a GM in a prominent corporation) and I would curl up on the sofa (feet towards each other) with a cup of hot coco in our hands and we would be watching the cartoons all day... one after another... sometimes until we fell asleep...

When the cartoons were over, we would still be in the sofa... if there were no exam or quiz coming up, we would be reading novels... if it was near exam time, we would be reading text books or lecture notes...

Hm... gone were the good old days... the carefree days... the "no-responsibility" days (except towards study and getting good results)...

I wish I could turn back time and undo so many things that I should not have done... Where is that Aladin's lamp when we need one...

No comments:

Post a Comment