Sunday, November 8, 2009

Friday Nite At The Movie... but the story outside the movie that touched me...

I have been so engrossed in my work in the past few weeks that I know the children were beginning to feel neglected...

To make it up to them I brought them to see the movie yesterday... my meeting finished at 7.00pm... while driving on the way back, I called Muaz and told him to ask his brothers and sister to get ready to go out, "we are going to see a movie"...

Yeay... since I didnt really plan for that outing, in the car, on the way to the Bukit Raja TGV, the kids were discussing what movie to watch... MJ? Pisau Cukur? 2012? G-Force?... After a heated discussion and some verbal abusive languages thrown at each other... MJ's This Is It outvoted Pisau Cukur by 3 to 2... (Hm.. what am I going to do with the kids who sometimes used some languages that are so bad that some of them I have never even heard of... but that's entirely a different topic altogether.. I'll write on that in another entry)...

I dont think I have to write another review on the movie... there were a few shots that brought tears to my eyes. But I must say this.. this is the only movie that I watched that the audience did not get up to leave until the screen really went black... Hm...

But actually, my eyes were already teary before the movie started.... Something interesting and touching happened just before the movie started. A lady who was seated in the next row kept looking at me while whispering to a younger girl sitting next to her. She looked somewhat familiar, but I just could not recall who exactly she was at first. I tried not to look at her, but through the corner of my eye I could see that she was still looking at me and I just knew that she was talking about me with the girl next to her.

Just before the lights in the theater were dimmed, she called out to me "Ani ke?". Oh my God... she knew my name... so, to be polite, I walked to her and salam her hands... and said... "Saya minta maaf, siapa ni...?". And she answered "Kak Puteh... Dulu, Kak Puteh satu wad dengan mak Ani kat hospital Klang... ingat tak?" Oh my God... Oh my God... that was in 2003 and she still remembered me... I could not say a word, I was all choked up... I just looked at her and smiled and only managed to utter "Ohh..." Nasib baik the lights were dimmed at that exact moment, I had to return to my seat. Because I really didnt know what to say to her...

Kak Puteh was only my late mom's "roommate" for 3 days, and my mom was unconscious in 2 of the 3 days that she was there, before I had her transfered to Putrajaya Hospital after she slipped into comma... But despite the fact that that happened more than 6 years ago and my mom was only there for 3 days, Kak Puteh still remembered me... really terharu...

As I remember it, my mom was at the Klang Hospital for 3 days and I only managed to talk to other patients on the first day. I forgot everyone around my mom on the second and third days because she was in a comma with tubes, wires and ventilator hooked up to her..

That unexpected encounter with that sweet lady at the movie really touched me... I could not stop thinking about her... until today...

Today at work, I told my staff that I went to the movie last night... when they asked how was the movie, I said it was good. But when they asked again which part of the movie I liked the most... my answer "the part where I met a very sweet lady who once shared the same ward with my late mom just before my mom died in 2003". And they went "Huh?" I told them about the unexpected encounter, 2 or 3 of them actually had tears in their eyes....

No comments:

Post a Comment