Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Promotion, Amin and Trial....

Hm... I have not been updating my blog for quite some time...

Let me think... what has happened since my last entry...


1. Promotion

I got promoted to Deputy Dean... the faculty has been without a deputy dean for more than a year now and I have been shouldering the responsibility (unofficially, I have not even been appointed as "acting" deputy dean. I just assumed the responsibility whenever necessary and needed. Some suara sumbang and sumbing said that I was overacting. You see, to me the post or title is not important, but the work must get done. So, people can say what they like, they can talk until cows come home, I just do what I feel right).

Finally, the management recognises my contribution and promotes me. Many people congratulate me... but suara sumbang and sumbing still ada. Let them be...

To me this promotion is just a matter of formality, because I have been doing the job anyway for the more than a year already.


2. Dealing with Amin, my second son...

He dropped out of tuition classes... he made the decision on his own. He is sitting for PMR this year... he said the classes are not helping... Dont know what to say... I promised to take him shopping for reference and ulangkaji books for PMR tonight. He said he can do the revision on his own... I guess I just have to trust him.


3. Another day in court...

I lost count already how many times I had to appear at the Syariah Court Shah Alam... Today Muaz and Amin sat in the witness box to testify. So, early in the morning today, their daddy came. I came home from sending Mia and Aqim to school when I heard his voice in my bedroom. He was talking to Amin who slept in my bed last night because I slept in the living room.

He was lecturing Amin on what he should say in court. He said, "kau cakap je kau tak pernah dengar mummy dgn ayah gaduh. dan kau tak pernah nampak ayah pukul mummy"... But suddenly a small voice answered "Nabil nampak..." Hahaha... I couldnt help myself but laugh...

Anyway, in court, the 2 boys really did me proud. They just told the truth. In fact I didnt coach them at all on how and what to answer when the lawyers asked their questions. I just reminded them before we entered the court room "When the lawyers ask you questions, just tell them what you know" and that was just what they did.

Q: Have you heard or seen your parents argue or fight?

A: Yes

Q: When?

A: I dont remember, but it happened many times.

Q: How many times?

A: So many times, I didnt count (Muaz's answer)

A: 3 to 5 times a year (Amin's answer)

Q: Since when do you remember that you saw your parents argued or fought?

A: Since we were small (they both gave the same answer)

Q: Have you ever seen your father hit your mother?

A: Yes

Q: When?

A: Many times

Q: Where?

A: At home, in the living room (Amin's answer)

A: At home, in their bedroom and in the living room (Muaz's answer)

No further question...

The bimbo airhead lawyer that he hired asked them stupid questions that even my boys noticed...

She asked: When your parents argued or fought, did you see who hit who?

Muaz smiled and said: Ayah lah pukul mak...

Even the judge smiled...

Their dad was supposed to bring 2 witnesses too, but he asked for another postponement to prepare his witnesses... he is stalling...

Next trial will be on 27th July for him to bring forward his witnesses and testify himself.

Judge will give his verdict on 22 October...

What a long process...

After the session, I had a talk with my lawyer. I asked him to propose to his lawyer to settle out of court because my lawyer told me not to worry, we are winning the case. All this is just a matter of proceeding... he must have his day in the witness stand to testify and to bring forward his witnesses...

My lawyer said he has tried to propose that but si polan still wished to settle in court...

Tak apalah... I have come this far... another 3 months wont matter...

2 comments:

  1. My fren

    I'm sleepy now. Congrats on the promotion.

    We're going for another breakfast this Sat same time same place, care to join? Then can talk a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shima sent a text on the breakfast thingy... Yup, I can join you all, but up to 9am only...

    ReplyDelete