Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MJ oh MJ...

I am staying up waiting for the live telecast of MJ's memorial service...

I am not his biggest fan, but believe it or not, I rasa sebak when I heard the news of his death on the radio...

Probably because I grew up with his songs... I first saw him as a flat-nosed black boy singing with his brothers in the 70s. I was in a boarding school at that time, and the show was on Saturday evening if my memory doesnt fail me... I'd be sitting in the front row of the TV hall and I'd be singing along with him...

As a student in the US, in the 80s, I witnessed his transformation from black to brown to white... I was in my freshman year when the video clip thriller was released... and I knew (still know) almost all the steps of the dance... hahaha...

And I also remember this... when he turned 30, a radio DJ said this:

"Today Michael Jackson turns 30, but his voice turns 13, his nose turns 3" And my roommate and me laughed hilariously sampai guling2 atas lantai... but now tak rasa macam funny sangat... in fact, rasa sedih pulak...

Many people said his life was no less a tragedy compared to his death... Hm... I better stop writing now about him now... sebab dah rasa sebak balik...

If he was indeed a Muslim, I pray that his soul is really resting in peace now, together with roh orang2 yg beriman yang lain...

Footnote: by the way, si polan's initial is also MJ, and I used to have a signature at the end of my email, Hani_MJ. And when people asked what does MJ stand for, I'd answer Michael Jackson... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment