Thursday, March 24, 2011

Are you proud to be a Malaysian now?

People in Africa are fighting for food, medicine and clean water for everyday use, people in middle east are fighting to change their corrupted and undemocratic government, the Libyans are facing death everyday due to attacks by the US troops, the Japanese are still in shock and mourning for their losses after the earth quake and tsunami.. and what are we in Malaysia doing now? Fighting over a scandalous sex video... Adoi... I almost feel ashamed of being a Malaysian right now...

I'm no supporter of any political party... mainly because I am an academician... and academicians are not supposed to talk politics... academicians are just supposed to be propagators of facts and figures and of course with intellectual analysis and synthesis...

But the current political scenario in the country now is just so sordid... so extremely nauseating... that I just feel compelled to write a piece on it... :)

The 8 o'clock news should be now rated 18SX... I am actually embarrassed to watch the news now when the kids are around... my little Nabil actually asked me "Mummy, what is a pelacur?"... how do I answer that... I actually encourage the kids to switch to other channels at 8 o'clock... kalau dulu, dari dlm bilik I dah jerit "Kan ni pukul 8, masa mummy tengok news lah... please switch the channel to TV3"... But now "Nabil nak tengok cerita apa, Nabil tukarlah, tak ape..." Budak tu pun dah confused and asked back "Mummy tak nak tengok news?"


Come to think of it...even an idiot would know... all those politicians from the ruling party tu semua bersih sangat ke? Yes or No DSAI did it, Yes or No he is the man in the video is actually a second issue... what people see... sensible people lah, staunched UMNO supporters would never see this... what people see is the peculiarity in the way the video issue is handled... it is so darn obvious that there is a conspiracy behind it... and the conspirators are so shallow and not so smart (I dont want to say stupid hehe...) that they fail to see the likely repercussion of the issue...

Just before I started writing this entry, I went to the Economist website (which I often do, being an economist myself)... adoi... I'm so shock to find that there is a piece on this issue there...  adoi... malunya... really, right now rasa malunya mengaku diri ni Malaysian di mata dunia...

No comments:

Post a Comment