Sunday, May 16, 2010

Two-Face Tray...

Talam dua muka

Menggunting dalam lipatan

Telunjuk lurus kelingking berkait

Api dalam sekam

Duri dalam daging

There are at least five (5 that I know, there could be more...) Malay proverbs describing dishonesty...

Last week, I found out about someone in the office who I would never have thought would be a "two-face tray"... di depan bukan main memuji2 dan menyokong all my decisions, tapi di belakang she couldnt seem to stop complaining about me.

My boss called for a meeting last week, and I could not attend it as I had to attend another meeting. I was told by someone who attended that same meeting, that she was dominating the meeting talking all sorts of bad things/decisions that I had allegedly done. Kalau betul tak pe...

It got me to thinking... what was her motive... pelik... and what made me even more upset is the fact that I would never have thought that she would do such a thing. She has been quite cooperative to all tasks that I assigned her, she never showed any animosity towards me... in fact I always treated her like a friend, not merely a staff in the office where I am the HOD. I thought we were that "close" as she did once tumpang my office to pump her milk. She sometimes just came into my office in a hot day (as the aircond in my office is cooler than the ones in the general office). Kalau tak kawan, boleh ke buat macam tu... tapi kalau kawan kenapa dia buat apa yg dia buat...

I am not worried about what she said, because I can always back myself up with data and facts - all that she said werent true. What got into me is, why she did what she did? If she wants my post, go ahead and ask from the VP, I would gladly pass the job to her. In fact, if the menagement agrees to it, I would be indeed very happy as that would give me a chance to concentrate on my PhD...

Of all the people in the office, I am really surprised that she turned out to be the gunting in my lipatan, the kelingking yang berkait, the api in my sekam, the duri in my daging...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my dear fren,

    The same thing happened to me when I was in UNISEL. It went on to even AFTER I left the place. She (why must it always be a SHE?) kept on saying bad things about me, and blaming everything on me even though many of them was not my doings!

    There's another description that I like (Kelantanese version) : Mulut manis jubur masam!

    I met her in Ikea a couple of years ago, and as usual she was EXTRA nice to me - even to the extend of asking me to come back to teaqch part time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's another one that I just remember: Pepat di luar runcing di dalam...

    ReplyDelete