Sunday, February 7, 2010

A hectic week last week...

Last week was really hectic...

1. Amin got accepted to SMT Sepang (told in previous entry).

2. MQA visit on Tuesday and Wednesday - a meeting that I could not possibly escape from. And poor Amin had to ask his daddy to send him to his school that Tuesday. That meeting went well and we got the accreditation (it was a renewal accreditation actually) - I didnt expect any issues to crop up because I hv been rather seasoned in handling MQA accreditation visits. But the SOP says the HOD must be around... what to do... anak important, keje pun important... of course of different plateau... I explained to Amin and I think he understood...

3. I thought after the MQA visit, I could relax a bit before another week of series of examination board meetings next week... but what do you know... something came up... one of my staff informed me that a lecturer has been warded since Tuesday and she was supposed to do a supervisory visit to a practical student in JB. And since Monday (8 February) is the last day of the practical training for the current batch, I had no choice but to go in her place... Adoi adoi adoi... I drove to JB Thursday night and arrived there around 1am. The next morning, I just slept in till check out time and went to the meeting at 2pm. (I took Mia, Aqim and Nabil with me...)

Some photos that we took in JB:

Mia at JB Waterfront


Aqim and Nabil: Persada - they took photos of each other while waiting for me outside the office (Johor Corp) where I had the meeting (really professional ha? bawa anak pegi meeting... hehe)

The hotel we stayed in - belongs to Johor Corp group

Views from the hotel

View of the pool (on 11th floor) from our room (24th floor)

It was raining really heavily when we left JB... we drove by Danga Bay but couldnt take any photos because of the pouring rain.

4. On the way back from JB, I stopped to pay a courtesy visit to my parents in law in Pagoh. The last time I saw them was last raya puasa. They were "genuinely" happy to see me and my 3 kids and I am glad I made that stop. They no more tried to "sweet talk" me into dropping my suit against their son. Terimakasih Mak and Bapak kerana memahami... insyaallah saya tak akan putuskan kasih antara anak-anak saya dan keluarga mereka sebelah Johor ni...

My MIL (with Aqim behind her rubbing her shoulder) - the baby is my BIL's son

5. We left Pagoh at around 10pm, despite my MIL's and FIL's request for us to sleep there - I couldnt even if I wanted to because Mia had her Hari Anugerah Cemerlang the next day. And as we approached Seremban, one of the directors sent a text asking me to conduct interviews for 30 scholarship candidates the next day (Saturday)... and I couldnt say no... So, Saturday morning was gone... and I had to apologise to Mia for not being able to see her receive her award... but then again, this girl of mine received awards every year from both primary schools and sekolah agama... Congrats Mia!!!

6. Saturday afternoon, I went to visit Amin at his school in Sepang... but not before a quick shopping to buy some other things that he needed...

What a week... today... mulanya malas nak masak... but kesian pulak dengan budak2 4 org ni... so, lunch for today was rendang pedas ketam and mixed vege... teringat kat Amin, tapi tak larat dah nak drive to see him today... I really need today to rest, or I may pengsan next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment