Sunday, February 7, 2010

Amin is now in a boarding school...

Last Sunday (31 January) Amin received the offer letter that he had been waiting for all week - acceptance to SMT Sepang - the only boarding school that he applied to (he got B for Science and that made him not qualified for SMSains or MRSM).

It was raining that Sunday and rainy days always depress me (but that another story...)... when the rain subsided, I took a peek outside and saw a large white envelop in the mailbox. I went out to get it and saw the school logo on the envelope... and called out to Amin... "Amin!! The letter that you've been waiting for is here!!!"

I thought the fact that the letter arrived on Sunday and at 6pm was rather odd - do postmen deliver on Sunday? The stamp on the envelope said 26 January. Plus... it had been raining... but the envelope was not wet at all, despite the oversized envelope (part of it terkeluar dari my red mailbox)... Hm... one of these days I'm going to report the mail theft that has been going on since we moved in here in Oct 2008...

Anyway... the letter said Amin must register the next day... adoi... what a mother to do... the boy was so excited, he performed the victory war and couldnt stop smiling... so, I took him shopping immediately to buy all things that have been listed in the offer letter... I spent almost 1k in about 3 hours...

That night while packing his bag, I remembered the night that my mom packed my bag before I went to a boarding school in Ipoh... she cried and said "Ani, kalau tak seronok kat sana, cakap tau... nanti mak suruh apak ambik Ani... tak pe... mak dengan apak tak marah...". kenangan mengusik jiwa... my tears fell that night, not just because my Amin was going away... but also because of teringatkan arwah mak...

However, Amin only went to register on Tuesday because we needed that Monday to prepare the documents needed during the registration - his sijil berhenti sekolah, signatures of his school principal, pengesahan parents' gaji, and the like...

And since I had MQA visit for my program on Tuesday and Wednesday I had to ask a favour from his daddy, as much as I hated doing that, I'd hate myself even more breaking my son's heart. The boy was so excited, he couldnt wait another day, let alone another week. I had no choice...

The house has been significantly quieter after that... hm... even Nabil said this "boring la tak ada Amin... tak ada org nak gaduh dengan Nabil..."

Yesterday I went to visit him. He looked thinner - he has always been thin and I honestly didnt think that he could be any thinner... he complained about the food, and the strict rules... hahaha... teringat zaman kita dulu... I told him to hang in there... it takes time to be accustomed to new things...



No comments:

Post a Comment