Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Taking undue credits and refusing due faults...

My text message alert went off while I was having (tapau) lunch in my office today... I picked up my mobile with my left hand and saw his name appeared on the screen...

Hm... what does he want now? I said to myself...

"Kenapa Muaz hisap rokok??.. Awak tak ambil tahu ke??.."

I wiped my hand with a serviette and quickly text my reply:

"Baru sekarang awak nak ambil tahu? Kenapa masa duduk serumah dulu awak tak pernah ambil tahu??"


I mean... amboi amboi amboi... when Mia scored straight As in her UPSR and Amin bagged 5As in his PMR, tak pulak he wrote

"Tahniah dan terimakasih sebab awk didik anak2 berjaya..."


Anyway.. back to Muaz... I know he has been picking up that habit more than 2 years ago... I tried to talk to him and I managed to make him promise to stop. I saw he wrote in his blog that he did stop. Even though I know, once that habit is picked up, it is almost impossible to quit...

What a mother to do... when I first found out about it, in frustation I called my sister-in-law... and she said this:

"Ani, itu biasa sebenarnya... it's peer pressure... in fact... it would not be normal if they don't smoke.." Adoi... sakit dada when I heard that...

I was quite frustrated because out of 6 male siblings in his father's family, only one smoked (his youngest uncle). And I have warned him a number of times against the habit when sometimes I saw boys in school uniform selamba je smoking while walking to school or walking back from school...

What broke my heart even more was when he said he started smoking because he was stressed out due to, among other things, his parents fighting in front of him...

When i told him how frustrated I was because if there was one thing that I liked about his father was the fact that he's a non-smoker... and he just kept quiet... but in his eyes I could almost saw him telling me this... "Mummy, now you know that my daddy is not my idol.."


Oh, one more thing... just to share with you all, my dear readers, how caring and loving my kids' daddy is... yesterday was my little Aqim's 10th birthday... but his daddy did not even remember to wish him happy birthday until I reminded him today...

No comments:

Post a Comment